Published in the May problem of the Journal of the American University of Radiology.

The physician community needs to be ready for the advent of ACOs soon, as the individual Protection and Affordable Treatment Action also mandates that ACO demonstration tasks and shared savings programs for early adopters start in 2012. Related StoriesAPBI brachytherapy improves overall survival in selected individuals with early stage breast cancerStudy confirms neuroprotective effects of hypothermia in newborns with HIEBoston Scientific indicators definitive agreement to acquire CeloNova's interventional radiology business’The development and implementation of these value-added services might present difficulties to radiologists and their procedures because they require fundamental changes in lifestyle from a current concentrate on productivity based on quantity of examinations interpreted to productivity based on the capability to provide cost-effective care and attention and outcomes,’ said Bibb Allen, Jr., MD, lead writer of the ACR white paper.Results Sequencing We found mutations affecting Q209 in GNA11 in the same specific subgroups of melanocytic tumors that were previously described for GNAQ 11 . The frequency of mutations in GNA11 at the codon encoding Q209 increased progressively from blue nevi to primary uveal melanomas to uveal melanoma metastases , a pattern inverse to the distribution of Q209 mutations in GNAQ, which are most common in blue nevi and least common in uveal melanoma metastases .4 percent). These mutations predicted substitution by leucine in 97.3 percent of samples that were analyzed and by proline in 2.7 percent of these samples . We also discovered mutations in GNA11 and GNAQ in exon 4 at arginine 183, which is analogous to R201 in GNAS and R179 in GNAI2 .21 Mutations affecting R183 in either GNAQ or GNA11 were within 2.1 percent of blue nevi and 4.8 percent of primary uveal melanomas.